About The Rapier – Part 2: Completing the Basics
Complete your basic training.
With this 80+ page workbook you can complete your knowledge of Capoferro’s rapier plays, building a strong foundation on which to construct your fencing skills.
The book is organised through the Rapier Footwork Form, with each chapter adding steps to the Form, first as pair drills, and then practised solo. This ensures that you will have little difficulty remembering the new material.
The book is illustrated with extracts from historical sources, and supported by video clips, linked to in the text. All you need is a training partner, a smartphone, tablet, or computer, and a couple of practice rapiers and fencing masks.
This version is laid out for right-handers, with space for written notes on the right hand page. If you are left-handed we recommend choosing the version laid out for you. All techniques are shown in the videos for both right-handers and left-handers.
- Author: Guy Windsor
- Publisher: Spada Press
- Date of Publication: 20th December 2018
- ISBN: 978-952-7157-46-6
- Binding: Coil bound
- Pages: 86
- Height: 29.7 cm
- Width: 21.0 cm
- Language: English
This book is written by Guy Windsor, and published by Spada Press, an imprint of Swordschool Ltd. Fallen Rook Publishing Ltd is the distribution and sales partner. All inquiries about reproduction or copyrights should be addressed to Swordschool Ltd.
Table of Contents
- What is Form?
- The Rapier Footwork Form
- A Note to Left-Handers
- Using this Workbook
- The Fifth Class: Retreat but No Surrender
- Plate 8: Slip the Leg
- The Footwork Form, Steps One and Two
- Passing Footwork
- Plate 10: Defending Against the Cut
- Plate 10: Complete
- The Sixth Class: Get Out of the Way
- Extension, Lean, and Lunge
- The Three Tempi
- The Three Tempi in the Footwork Form
- Plate 17: Scanso del Pie Dritto
- The Rapier Footwork Form, port one complete
- Now go play…
- The Seventh Class: Ducking and Diving
- Plate 11: Contratempo
- Solo Training: Hitting Things
- The Wall Target
- The Pell
- The Buckler Game
- Circuit Training
- The Eighth Class: Make it Your Own
- Plate 18: Striking with the Pass
- Plate 19: The Scanso della Vita
- Hierarchy of Defence
- Further Reading
Cite this Book
Windsor, Guy. The Rapier, Part Two: Completing the Basics Workbook, Right-Handed Layout. Ipswich, Spada Press, December 2018. ISBN: 978-952-7157-46-6